St. Michael’s Church was repaired and restored in 1831 by George Gwyther of Pembroke, but more extensive work was undertaken in 1885 under the guidance os S.W. Williams of Rhayader, architect. It contains several of the examples of the wood carving of Mr. John Mathias. The stone spire was taken down in 1980 due to it’s precarious condition.
St. Mary’s was re-built in 1841-2 by George Gwyther and the box pews introduced then still remain. The reading lectern and front cover were made by Alfred Goodridge, a carpenter of Nash Lodge (previously Known as Travellers’ Rest, there is a very fine yew tree in the graveyard.
Cosheston Mission was built originally by the main Baptist Union Church in Pembroke in the mid 1800’s as a mission outreach in the village of Cosheston (from where it gets its title). In the early 1960’s it became an Independant Church but retained the name Cosheston Mission. Over the years it had been opened and closed on a number of occassions but since it reopened in the early 1960’s it has remained open